Sunday, April 5, 2009

The kitchen and breakfast nook

I'll be posting my plans for each room and adding to them as I purchase new items. I don't expect anyone else to get excited about the details of my soap dispensers. This serves as my online reminder of what goes where when it comes time to install these things. It also helps me visualize everything.

Still thinking on the sink: Either stainless or white cast iron to match bathroom sink


The existing kitchen cabinets have now been painted in Sherwin Williams Jersey Cream. (I'd call it pretty close to the color of butter.) Walls are also Jersey Cream


Ceiling is Dover White



Curtain fabric


Curtain rod


Cabinets for short kitchen wall in Merillat Classics Deluxe, door style Destinations, color Maple Sable


Formica laminate countertop in Burnished Glaze


Flooring will be Armstrong Solarian Vinyl Sheet, style Rhythms-Framingham, color Straw. It has accurate maple and other leaves all over.


This vintage brass light fixture was in my parents' garage from some old house, maybe the Anderson place or Gordon's house. It will hang in the middle of the kitchen. I'm not sure if I'll find some shades or get clear bulbs and leave them bare. The rest of the lighting will be cans (I know, but I need to see). Need one piece from Keystone.


This pressed glass shade was also in the garage and I think I'll use it in the breakfast nook. It has wheat in the design. I need to find a fixture to hold it with three beaded chains, maybe Beaumont in Bronze Gilt from Rejuvenation.com if I can't find anything cheaper or actually vintage.


Grohe 33758IBO Ladylux Soft Black Faucet (No, I can't afford Grohe. I can find a plumbing supply store that's going out of business and liquidating everything at a loss. Yay me!) It's not exactly the farmhouse look I was going for, but the price was unbeatable.


Hansgrohe 40418XXX Chrome Soap Dispenser


Stair rail is from L.J. Smith: square newels, square 1-1/4" banisters and plowed handrail, will be beech stained to match kitchen cabinets. I selected the handrails specifically so no young children can confuse them with gymnastics balance beams. You think I'm kidding?



Need flourescent bar or something over sink, part for vintage brass light, fixture for beaded shade, 8 cabinet knobs and 3 drawer pulls since these are full-face

No comments: