Monday, April 27, 2009

Bought the primer

Yeah, Bob was thrilled when he pulled up with the van to see the Sherwin-Williams guy hauling three 5-gallon buckets of primer out for us on a dolly. It is a little overwhelming to see that much paint at one time, and to think that we have to apply it all.

This is only about half the primer we'll need for the house. The very helpful assistant manager Rick estimated we'll need 20-30 gallons to prime the whole house. I don't even want to know how much actual paint we'll need. I'm not ready to hear that yet.

Much of the house has drywall, but not all of the downstairs is done. Bob asked Pat to focus on taping, mudding and sanding the upstairs so we can have something to get started painting while Diane has a week off work. He's working away at it, then he'll go back to finishing the downstairs drywall.

I think I have most of our carpet picked out, so I'm safe to pick out paint colors now. I narrowed it down from 1,000 in the sample book to about 300 of my favorites. Sheesh. From there I now only have about a dozen top choices for each room. Gee I can make a process long and tedious.

Color is important though. There is a lot to consider. Really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue -

I have an electric paint roller if I had a way to get it to you. It is a time saver. Keep it in mind if there is anyone going or coming this way or if we can figure out transport. Should have thought of it when Mark and Diane went through.

Maggie